Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MANNIX!

MANNIX!

Our blog buddy over at THE RAP SHEET has a great rundown on Mannix and the first season DVD release:

"I have recently been making my way through the newly released DVD set of Mannix--The First Season. I was just a kid when Mannix debuted in 1967, so I don’t really remember watching it much, except every once in a while with my maternal grandfather, when my brother, Matt, and I stayed over at his house on weekends. It was a 10 p.m. show, after all (though it later moved to 9:30 p.m. on Sunday nights), and in those days that was considered awfully damn late for children to be up watching crime dramas. By the time I became an ardent viewer of TV detective shows in 1972, Mannix was nearing the end of its run and I was less interested in traditional private-eye shows than in other, more stylized series such as Columbo, Banacek, Assignment: Vienna, and Banyon."

CHECK IT OUT HERE!

1 comment:

The King Of Cool said...

This is a show I always wanted to watch, but have never had the chance to see it. I was born in 1970 so I was a little young for its run. Never seen it in syndication.