Thursday, August 21, 2008

VERONICA MARS – THE MOVIE!

VERONICA MARS – THE MOVIE!

Word is out that Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas recently met with the show's former star, Kristen Bell, about the possibility of making a film based on the cult series. Thomas has now confirmed he has also had some conversations with former VM exec producer Joel Silver.

Thomas is currently a busy man, with a reworking of his 1998 series Cupid in the works, and he recently wrote/produced the pilot for the upcoming 90210 series and is developing another television series based on a show from New Zealand (Outrageous Fortune).

But Thomas said, "But as soon as I have any free time, that's (VM) my top priority."


This would be way cool. Veronica Mars was one of the best mystery show to hit the airwaves in a longtime and I was sad to see it cancelled.

Thomas has apparently also developed a interesting twist to revamp the show for the big screen -- jumping forward a few years, with Veronic as a fledgling FBI agent.

A tip of the fedora to Crimespree Cinema

1 comment:

The King Of Cool said...

I hope so. I loved VM. I'd love to see a movie. It's been great seeing Kristen on Heroes.