Wednesday, September 17, 2008

EVA CASSIDY – SOMEWHERE!

EVA CASSIDY – SOMEWHERE!

Ten years after the release of her last album, the now platinum SONGBIRD, twelve years after her passing, comes a new Eva album of all new songs.

From Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors to her own Somewhere, Cassidy covers a wide musical spectrum-country, folk, blues, R&B, western swing, Appalachian, Celtic, Gershwin. This gives the CD a slightly schizophrenic feel, but the clarity and raw emotion in Cassidy’s voice more than makes up for this slight drawback.

As a singer Cassidy is many different things to many different people. She never allowed herself to be pigeonholed – she was never just folk, or just jazz, or just blues – she was multifaceted and never shied away from a different style or different sound.

For me Eva is a soul singer. On the new CD Somewhere, I can find her in Chain of Fools, Walking After Midnight, Summertime, and the title song (which Eva penned) Somewhere. I only know her through her music, I never had the opportunity to see her perform, I didn’t even discover her until after her passing, yet her voice touches something special in me and I miss her.

TO PREVIEW SONGS FROM SOMEWHERE CLICK HERE

1 comment:

The King Of Cool said...

She always had a beautiful voice to me. I'll definitely have to check this album out.