Thursday, April 30, 2009

SHIRLEY BASSY ~ THIS IS MY LIFE!

SHIRLEY BASSY ~ THIS IS MY LIFE!

NEWS FROM THE SHIRLEY BASSIE FAN CLUB . . .


Bringing you up to date with some news for fans of Shirley Bassey...

NEW CD: THIS IS MY LIFE/DOES ANYBODY MISS ME

Some exciting Bassey news at last - the CD we've all been waiting for is out next week! Another beautifully presented release from Beat Goes On featuring two stunning (and previously very hard to get hold of) albums from the late-sixties, released digitally remastered for the first time.

For the best price
CLICK HERE to order from HMV (currently £8.99 including UK P&P)

Also available at:
Amazon UK, Amazon USA, Amazon DE, Amazon FR and Play.com

COMMENTS ENABLED ON THE BASSEY BLOG!

The whole blog team have been thrilled with the positive response to the relaunched blog and always enjoy reading the many messages and comments that you kindly send in. I'm pleased to announced that the comments form is now being enabled on all new blog articles so you may add your own thoughts and comments and participate in discussions about anything on the blog. All positive (or constructive!) comments are very welcome. You'll find a comments form at the bottom of each page and the most recently discussed items will remain in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
CLICK HERE to visit the blog and start making comments today!

SONGS OF SHIRLEY BASSEY WEBSITE

A few of you contacted me in the past few weeks following the removal from the internet of my no longer updated "Songs of Shirley Bassey" website. Unfortunately a combination of legal, personal and financial pressure led to my decision to remove it. I appreciate that many of you found it a useful resource for information and apologise for the inconvenience caused and for not giving you any notice. If you require any information from the site, feel free to drop me an email any time and I will more than gladly send the information to you.

NEW SHIRLEY BASSEY ALBUM & TOUR DATES?

I have been bombarded with messages following various recent rumours that Shirley Bassey will be releasing a new album and announcing a live concert tour. I have absolutely no information concerning these rumours and cannot confirm if they are true. Please be assured that if anything is announced I will do my best to a message out to this mailing list. My fingers are crossed but I'm not holding my breath!


NEVER THE BRIDE RELEASE NEW ALBUM & LAUNCH NEW SITE

As I'm sure you will know, the incredibly gifted and talented Catherine Feeney and Nikki Lamborn, who wrote and produced Shirley Bassey's hit The Living Tree and produced her Get The Party Started album, are part of their own band called Never The Bride. Since discovering them (thanks to Bassey!) I have become a great fan of their music and I'm delighted to share with you today the exciting news that they have recently released a superb new album of their own, Vancouver 97. I heartily recommend this stunning recording to Bassey fans everywhere. DavidB, Pieter, Astrid and myself were lucky enough to receive copies a few weeks ago and haven't been able to stop playing it since!

You can listen to some songs from the new album and become a fan on
Never The Bride's Facebook page and may purchase your own copy of the CD from Never The Bride's recently relaunched and improved website. From 18th May, the album will also be available to purchase from Amazon UK, Amazon USA, Amazon DE, iTunes and various other online stores and some are already taking pre-orders.

NEVER THE BRIDE IN SHEFFIELD

Never The Bride are playing at the Boardwalk in Sheffield (UK) on Saturday 6th June. DavidB, myself and a few other friends are making the trip for what is sure to be a great night of live music. If any of you would like to come along too it would be great to see you there. For more information and to get ticket visit the
Never The Bride website.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I love Shirley!