Thursday, August 6, 2009

WESTERN FICTION REVIEW ~ JOSEPH A. WEST!

WESTERN FICTION REVIEW ~ JOSEPH A. WEST!

BLOG BUDDY LEE GOLDBERG TIPPED ME TO THIS EXCELLENT INTERVIEW OF WESTERN WRITER JOSEPH A. WEST OVER AT THE WESTERN FICTION REVIEW BLOG:

You’re originally from Scotland, how did you end up in America and becoming a writer?

I was working on Fleet Street as a reporter for the Daily Mirror and was recruited to work in the United States for an up-and-coming supermarket tabloid named The National Enquirer. My plan was to spend a year in the U.S., see the country then return to Britain. But two things happened: I fell in love with America and, around the same time, my wife. Emily is a stern, 23rd generation Michigan Yankee, but without her I’d never get a novel published. She’s my inspiration and a wonderful, if heartless, copy editor.

FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW CLICK HERE

2 comments:

Steve M said...

Glad you enjoyed the interview - have you checked all the others out too? - and thanks for promoting it.

Cheers, Steve M :)

Christopher Mills said...

I used to work with Joe, and we would talk about writing fiction – and Westerns – quite often. He even occasionally bounced ideas off me.

I like Joe a lot. Good guy.