Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CITY OF DRAGONS ~ CONTEST!

CITY OF DRAGONS ~ CONTEST!

It’s still very early in the year, but I already know the just released City Of Dragons by Kelli Stanley is going to be hard to beat for my favorite book of 2010. It also has one of the best covers and interior book designs I've seen in a long time.

I enjoyed this 1940s San Francisco, steeped in noir sensibilities, hardboiled P.I. tale so much I want to share the experience, so I’m running a contest for a free copy.

To enter just leave a comment below stating you’d like to be in the contest before February 18th. I’ll make a randon drawing from all entries and announce the winner on Friday February 19th.

CITY OF DRAGONS

February, 1940.

In San Francisco's Chinatown, fireworks explode as the city celebrates Chinese New Year with a Rice Bowl Party, a three day-and-night carnival designed to raise money and support for China war relief. Miranda Corbie is a 33-year-old private investigator who stumbles upon the fatally shot body of Eddie Takahashi.

The Chamber of Commerce wants it covered up. The cops acquiesce. All Miranda wants is justice – whatever it costs.

From Chinatown tenements, to a tattered tailor's shop in Little Osaka, to a high-class bordello draped in Southern Gothic, she shakes down the city – her city – seeking the truth.

6 comments:

Jesse said...

Forget it Paul, it's Chinatown.


Count me in!

Scott Cupp said...

This could be really interesting. My feeling is that Chinese Americans suffered along with the japanese Americans during World War II since many Americans cannot tell them apart. Count me in on the contest!

Mark Justice said...

Please include me in the drawing. I've wanted to read this one since I read her behind-the-scenes article at The Rap Sheet.

peter said...

Looks interesting, I need something new to read after being stuck inside this past week

Unkletom said...

Hey, we never got our hands on that darned Maltese Falcon. San Francisco owes us something!

Tanner said...

You had me at hardboiled detective in San Francisco, but saying it's the best designed book inside and out you've seen in a while is the icing on the cake! I love a well-designed book. Please sign me up!