Saturday, February 20, 2010

LIES, DAMN LIES, AND STATISTICS!

LIES, DAMN LIES, AND STATISTICS!

I was tagged with this meme earlier in the week by J. Kingston Pierce over at THE RAP SHEET. I’m not much for participating in memes and passing them on, but this one is kind of fun to participate in at least, so that’s what I’m going to do.

The main idea is to tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - OR - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie, which is what I’ve chosen to do.

SO WHICH ONE OF THESE STATEMENTS IS NOT TRUE?

1. I once arrested a suspect at his residence who had a copy of my latest book on his nightstand.

2. I once had a juror stand up during the middle of a trial and ask me to autograph a copy of one of my books, which she’d pulled out of her knitting bag.

3. Years ago, I arrested a Los Angeles mayor’s daughter on narcotics charges.

4. My first assignment out of the police academy was undercover as a high school student just like 21 Jump Street.

5. Not only was I an Eagle Scout, but I earned all 42 of the merit badges available at the time (1971), not just the required 21.

6. I qualified to run the Boston Marathon on my 50th birthday by Running the St. George Marathon in 3:18.

7. I once pursued a woman at twenty miles an hour for ten miles through red light after red light before getting her to stop. Her excuse was Elvis had just died and she was so distraught she didn’t know what she was doing.

From those who leave the correct answer in the comments, I’ll pick a random winner and send them a copy of CINEMA RETRO #15 – featuring a previously unpublished Lee Marvin interview, articles on Steve McQueen, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and Alistair MacLean.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Even though they're all far-fetched, I'm guessin' the last one is a lie (because it sounds so true!); and it would make a good scene in one of your novels.