Friday, January 14, 2011

KAYO BOOKS ~ HEAVEN ON EARTH!

KAYO BOOKS ~ HEAVEN ON EARTH!

I think I just spent the last two hours in Heaven, or at least as close as a fanatic paperback collector can get . . . Kayo Books in San Francisco has the largest collection I've ever come across for sale in one place of pulps, '50s slease, TV tie-in novels, and vast numbers of men's adventure series from The Executioner to the Destroyer and every rip-off series in between.

I was actually gobsmacked by the number of titles and their relatively good condition. Having been open in the Bay area for 16 years, Kayo Books is a must stop destination for anyone who loves paperback fiction from the '50s to the '80s.

WOW!

A BIG TIP OF THE FEDORA TO FELLOW C.O.B.R.A.S. AGENT  JASON WHITON OF SPY VIBE FOR THE INFO

2 comments:

Jason Whiton said...

Glad you made it! I knew you'd love that shop. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you realize that the books just keep going into the hall and up the stairs to another floor? Did you find some treasures?
-Jason (Spy Vibe)

PAUL BISHOP said...

Hey, Jason! What a cool place. I loved it. Are you around town? I have Monday and Tuesday free...