Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TTMAR: NATURAL SELECTION EDITION!

TTMAR: NATURAL SELECTION EDITION!

My buddy, writer and gator connoisseur, Bill Crider, featured the above comic strip on his blog today reminding me of an off-screen adventure during the filming of this week’s episode of Take The Money And Run.

The set for this week’s and next week’s episodes was a mostly abandoned penitentiary just outside of Miami. With murky waters on three sides, it was a dark and forbidding place. Still operated by a skeleton crew from the Miami Department of Corrections, the human presence is far outweighed by that of encroaching iguanas and other wildlife.

During a rare filming break, I was walking on the grass outside of the dank prison buildings while talking on my cell phone. As I stopped to stand at the surrounding water’s edge, where there was a sign warning ‘No Swimming’ (hmmmm, I wonder why . . .), I luckily noticed a small rippling in the water about three feet away – and then a long snout and a pair of malicious, reptilian, eyes broke the surface . . .

To say I moved fast would be an understatement. This wasn’t Kansas anymore, Toto, nor was it the friendly waters I’m used to in Southern California. In Florida, the wildlife sees you as lunch . . .

I learned my lesson from then on and stayed inside where I’m the hunter not the hunted . . .

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

One chicken, one alligator, one happy audience. Think about it for the next show.