Tuesday, August 9, 2011

YOUR MORNING WAKE UP CALL!

YOUR MORNING WAKE UP CALL!

ABC publicity asked me last week if today, before the premiere of the second episode of Take The Money And Run, I would do a round of telephonic interviews with radio shows across the country. “Sure, No problem,” I told them.

The next day, I get a schedule for the interviews starting at 9 AM. I figure this is great, I’ll go into work late – after the interviews – which means I can sleep past my usual 4:30 AM wake up time, go for a run, eat a leisurely breakfast, take a shower, and be awake and alive on the radio.

So, this morning, I have one eye open at 5:55 AM, just thinking about sliding out of bed when the phone rings at 6 AM on the button. It’s the ABC phone interview guy wanting to know if I’m ready to jump on it and do the interviews – then the penny drops, 9 AM meant 9AM EASTERN TIME, which, of course, was 6AM Pacific time where I live . . .

I have never woken up and been on and outgoing so fast in all my life as the whirlwind of interviews began. I was just thankful there was no video feed, otherwise I would have been seen blabbing away in my jammies, with my hair sticking out, and a night’s worth of morning mouth.

It all must have gone okay because, when it was all over, the ABC publicity guy said, “You were great, so spontaneous and funny. It was perfect. Let’s do it again next week.”

Fine. Pacific or Eastern time?

2 comments:

Jack Badelaire said...

One of my co-workers is obsessed with this show. Congratulations on what sounds like an awesome new idea!

Mel Odom said...

Yep, I've done that. At least for me it's only an hour difference. :)