Thursday, December 29, 2011

SPY JAZZ ~ THE WORLD OVER!

SPY JAZZ ~ THE WORLD OVER!

Recently, I've been digging the groove again on this soundtrack, which I absolutely love, for an imaginary ‘60s/’70s spy movie. A tribute to John Barry by British musician Steve Hillman, this is a rich blend of acoustic and synthetic jazz/pop capturing the essence of an iconic era.

Repeat listenings show Hillman was influenced in this project not just by John Barry, but also Ennio Morricone and Lalo Schifrin – I WANT to see the film. I know it doesn’t exist, but the soundtrack is so evocative, I can see every scene unfolding – the track titles themselves tell the story, pacing the soundtrack just as the film would be paced.

I picked this up on a whim and had my socks knocked off. Very cool stuff.

TRACK LISTING:

01 FIRED UP
02 LINDA'S THEME
03 LONG HOT NIGHT
04 THE WORLD OVER
05 AS CHANCE WOULD HAVE IT
06 FLUTE JAZZ
07 THIRTIES THING
08 LOOKING BACK
09 IN DREAMS
10 SLOW DOWN
11 WHAT THE HELL
12 REGRETS
13 THE CHASE IS ON
14 JOURNEY'S END

TO LISTEN TO SAMPLES CLICK HERE